EDI joins in the international consortium providing the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in International Development Studies (GLODEP)!
“Since its foundation, the EDI Group has always had data quality at its core. Working with GLODEP has provided an ideal opportunity to support a new generation of development experts and provide them with real hands on experience collecting socioeconomic data in the field“.
The EDI Group is a partner in international consortium providing the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in International Development Studies (GLODEP) – a two-year multidisciplinary master program in development studies, with an economic grounding and policy perspective. The aim of the program is to prepare professionals in the field of development policy and practice. It enables the graduates to work in higher-level positions in international organizations, non-governmental organizations, and in governments as well as businesses with a focus on sustainable economic and human development.
The program is organized by the following partners:
- Consortium universities:Palacky University in Olomouc (Czech Republic), University of Clermont Auvergne (France), Pavia University (Italy)
- Academic associated partners: Royal University of Bhutan, University of Rwanda, Bethlehem University (Palestine), International Ataturk-Alatoo University (Kyrgyzstan), Catholic University of Madagascar
- Non-academic associated partners: People in Need (Czech Republic), GLOPOLIS (Czech Republic), ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy (France), PDCS – Partners for Democratic Change Slovakia (Slovakia), EDI Group (UK and East Africa), COOPI – CooperazioneInternazionale (Italy), CISP – the International Committee for the Development of Peoples (Italy), VIS – International Volunteer Service for Development (Italy), UNIMED – the Mediterranean Universities Union, (Italy).
The EDI Group will
- Give expert seminars on Survey Techniques during the 2ndsemester at University of Auvergne (Clermont-Ferrand, France). The School of Economics of the University of Auvergnedesigned a niche strategy of international development and thus the master program in Development Economics emerged. The research centreCERDI (Centre for Studies and Research on International Development) is affiliated with the CNRS (National Centre for Scientific Research). This affiliation is a recognition of research excellence and it welcomes researchers in the field of international development economics.
- Host students for internships in the 4th semester on the following topics: design, implementation and management of large-scale socio-economic surveys and impact evaluations in developing countries (sampling, survey methodology, project planning, questionnaire design, fieldwork planning, data processing), evaluation of data quality (data collection modes, quality control, paradata analysis, workflow of data analysis).
Applications for the GLODEP Master Degree are open!