As part of EDI’s community involvement in the Bukoba area the company have responded to a suggestion made by a member of our staff to provide some basic sporting equipment to six local primary schools within the Bukoba Municipal Council area. Each school received items such as footballs and volleyballs. When distributing the equipment, EDI’s Country Director Mr. Respichius Mitti advised pupils that “Participating in regular sporting activities will allow pupils to build their health both physically and mentally”. He added that the benefits of sport may allow pupils to perform better academically.
Prior to this, Bukoba Municipal Culture Officer, Mr. Evarista Rugeiyamu thanked EDI for their offer to the Municipal especially in the sport units. He mentioned that there are few cases of donations directed to sports in Bukoba Municipal so EDI Ltd decision to support sports is well welcomed: “Your support came at the right time and to the right people”. Mr. Rugeiyamu advised schools to use the donated balls to improve sports activities at their school.
The handing over of the equipment was done at Rumuli Primary School where head teachers and sports teachers from other schools gathered.
The list of participants is:
- Longino Sperto Head Teacher Kashai Primary School
- Fidelis S. Mwijage, Sports Teacher Kashai Primary School
- Theofil Ndyakowa Tumaini Primary School
- Grace Wamala Sports Teacher, Tumaini Primary School
- Hilda Muyuyu, Head Teacher Mafumbo Primary School
- Vedasto Felician Head Teacher Bunena Primary School
- Vaileth Kamala – Haead Teacher Buyekela Primary School
- Martina Vedasto – Sports Teacher Buyekela Primary School
- Damian Mwesiga – Rumuli Primary School
- Dominic Richard – Rumuli Primary School
- Cretus Mutakyawa – Sports Unit Bukoba Municipal Council
- Evarista Rugeiyamu – Culture Officer Bukoba Municipal Council
- Ramadhan Juma Standard Seven Pupil at Rumuli Primary School
- Sarah Joseph – Standard Three Pupil at Rumuli Primary School